Samples of weekly Guru guidance:
#1: How do you measure your chances for admissions?
- Your GPA
- Your tests scores on ACT, AP, SAT or Subject tests
Less measurable, but equally important in your college application process are:
- How hard you challenged yourself in your course schedule
- Activities you were involved in during high school
- Contributions you made to your community
- Your love of learning
- Your life’s experiences
#2: Have you heard from your Early Action or Early Decision schools?
December not only means Christmas trees, Hanukkah celebrations and standing under the mistletoe, it also means hearing back from the colleges you applied to in round 1 of Early applications. This month be sure to:
- Watch for admissions emails or letters from colleges.
- Make plans for next steps.
Which type of early application did you complete? Pick from the following list the types of early college applications you used.